Equipment are physical resources which are used in an operation to complete a task effectively. Civil Engineering testing equipment are designed in order to achieve the specific requirement of the testing material. The ideas and assumptions of ours’ can be confirmed or checked using those equipment.
Testing equipment used on Civil Engineering includes a wide range such as soil testing equipment, steel testing equipment, concrete testing equipment, aggregate testing equipment and many more. When purchase a testing equipment we should consider its quality, accuracy, performance and lifetime.
Here, we consider the commonly using laboratory testing equipment.
- Common Electronic scale – These are used to measure the weight. (Example: weight of a soil sample) 2. Analytical Balance – Used to measure weight and covered by transparent glass in all 5 sides as to provide as wind proof.
3. Micro Balance – Using this balance, can measure the weight more accurately for micro gram.
4. Weighing Scale or Platform weighing scale – Using this scale can measure bulk weight
5. Triple Beam balance – By adjusting the weight sliders of three beams, necessary weight can be achieved. By adding the readings of three weight sliders of three beams the rea ding can be achieved. The reading error can be 0.05grams.
6. Lever Balance – This type of scale is used to measure the minute weights and also to determine the unknown weight. These lever scales are inexpensive when compare to other electronic scales.